The purpose of the Institute is to create an environment of science and art based on interdisciplinary works using Sufism’s holistic and in-depth view in order to serve humanity in reaching peace and happiness. With the programs that it will initiate as an Institute of specialization, the Institute aims to raise individuals who have internalized humanistic and ethical values, who are sensitive towards art, who think, research, create, and know the value of time, who are hard-working and of a great capacity for well-seeing. According to Sufism, the goal of science is to carry these values beyond simply knowing them and to actually apply them to one’s life and to use them for the happiness and advancement of humanity.
The Institute will be engaging in the following activities in order to fulfill its purpose:
- Initiate graduate study programs
- Organize educational programs that are open to the public
- Actualize domestic and international research projects
- Develop joint educational programs with both domestic and international universities
- Engage in other academic activities
- Arrange art performances, exhibits etc. on Classical Islamic art and music