SUFI TEXT READINGS
- An educational program totaling 30 hours
- Weekday class: Between the dates of September 23, 2016 to January 13, 2017; every Friday for 15 weeks, 2 hours, from 09.00 - 11.00
- Weekend class: Between the dates of September 24, 2016 to January 14, 2017; every Saturday for 15 weeks, 2 hours, from 13.30 - 15.30
- 1 cultural trip
- Program cost: 1200 TL (Including tax)
- For the registration announcement please click here
Ibn Ataullah el-Iskenderi and Hikem-i Ataiyye
Ahmet Murat Ozel, Yard. Doc. Dr.
Hikem-i Ataiyye is one of the most influential classics of Sufi history, written by Ibn Ataullah Iskenderi. Among Sufi classics, it is one of the most commented on works with nearly 100 commentaries written on it. Comprised of around 250 Sufi aphorisms, the work includes striking explanations about the spiritual path’s most critical issues. In our seminar, we will try to read and understand this fascinating work.
Kenan Rifai and Muslimness in Light of the 20th Century, Abdulkerim El-Cili and Insan-i Kamil (the Completed Human Being)
Cemalnur Sargut, Arzu Eylul Yalcinkaya, Ogr Yard.
In this class, a general frame will be presented for “the completed human being,” one of the fundamental concepts of Sufism through the works read; matters the topics is related to and approaches to it from Sufi history will be introduced.